Case Studies

UX/UI Design Inspiration from Instagram: We Love Web Design

Web Design Inspiration (UI/UX) (@welovewebdesign)

Nature. Parallax. by Dennis Snellenberg

Link to Original Post

What it is?

Concept design for a travel website with animations.

What is the artist’s style/ inspiration?

The artists’ style is very modern, clean and stylish. The animations are very sleek, smooth and professional.

What exactly will you learn from it and how will it help with your project?

From this, I can use it as a visual inspiration which will allow me to work towards a similar standard. It also gives me ideas for UI design and creating similar smooth animations. I can also research using the parallax effect in my work.

What do you like/ dislike about this?

I would not say there is much I dislike about this because it is very visually appealing. I would say it would be better if there was more of the prototype rather than just one page.

Nabeela Khan Portfolio

NK (squarespace.com)

What it is?

This is Nabeela’s portfolio website where she showcases her work and contact information.

I would say the artists’ style is very elegant, minimalistic and creative. She uses brighter colours and neutral earthy tones.

From Nabeela’s portfolio, I learned about the way you could layout your portfolio and how she has displayed/ showcased her best work. I like her colour palette that uses earthy tones, so I could incorporate this into my own work.

What it is?

This is a Game Menu UI concept by an artist called Dansky. He is very impressive at UX/UI design and motion graphics and all of his tutorials have helped me with this project. I really enjoy his enthusiasm and he talks very clearly with confidence which makes the tutorials easy to follow.

The artists’ style is very on-trend. All of his work reflects what looks good and is popular within the creative industries. This artist is an all-around achiever and has skills in multiple areas. His work is flawless and is very professional.

There is a lot I can learn from this artist as he is skilled in many areas. This particular project is useful for inspiration for game UI design. I really like the fantasy/ adventure theme and the fluid animations. It gave me ideas to incorporate my own artwork into my work.